Wednesday, October 17, 2007

The Word Made Fresh

Saturday night I went with Hazel, Sue, Cida, and Naomi to a one-man play in a village about 20 minutes from Buxton. The man, Dave has taken about 20 various Bible stories from both the New and Old Testaments and turned them into 5-10 minutes comedic stories. I thought he was great! My favorite part was that he wasn't afraid to make a complete fool of himself--and did so quite often!

From the Old Testament he covered Noah (Genesis 8), Moses (Exodus 32), Gideon (Judges 7), Samson (Judges 16), Job (Book of Job), Daniel (Daniel 6) and Jonah. At his point we had an intermission where tea, coffee, juice, and scones were served. However, I must say that the 200 scones that my mom and I made for my fundraiser were much better than these!!! And that made me a little happy! From the New Testament he covered the stories of Zechariah (Luke 1), a shepherd at Jesus’ birth (Luke 2), the story of paralytic man (Mark 2), Peter (Luke 22), Thomas (John 20), Paul (Acts 26). At the end of the play Dave shared his own testimony of modern day miracles. As an infant he had severe developmental delays and after prayer and laying on of hands he showed so much progress that at his next doctor’s appointment his mother was accused if bringing in the wrong baby!

The evening was great fun and I really admire him for using such a fun and informal way of reminding us of modern day miracles.

No comments: