Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Lonestar

Tonight Tammy, Amy and I decided to have dinner out. We chose a Tex-Mex restaurant in Buxton called Lonestar. Hanging by the front door was a Texas flag. Inside the restaurant there is a painted mural of a cowboy in the distance in the sunset. There are chili peppers painted on wall and tequila and Corona ads. It was great! Every once in a while a familiar taste of home is so great.

I had the Rio Grande Tacos. Although they were nothing compared to tacos in NM, for Tex-Mex in England they were actually really good. To save myself disappointment I came in to the restaurant with really low expectations (I am kinda a snob when it comes to NM Mexican food), but the food was good. My mouth was on fire for the first time since I left Las Cruces, and it felt so good!!! Tammy was laughing at me because I was so excited for my mouth to be on fire.

We’ve decided to return for my birthday dinner!

No comments: