Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Friday Night Lives

One of my duties in my schedule is to attend and help with a youth group at the Good News church in Whaley Bridge, a town about 30 minutes from Buxton, on Friday nights. But since I’ve been here transportation has been an issue and I hadn’t made it until this past Friday.

Instead of staying at Charis House until 7:30pm to do family support, I went home with Chriss who is a community support worker for Charis House. She lives just outside of Whaley Bridge. I met her son Thom (22) in Buxton and he drove both us to Whaley. There I met Chriss’s husband, Nigel, who immediately gave me a hug (which was much needed this Friday evening) and her youngest son Alex (17). Chriss and Nigel also have a daughter Lizzie (19) who is off at university right now.

After a great meal of spaghetti, salad, and cake we headed off to youth group. The youth group consists of about 15 pre/teenagers from 11-18. We played teambuilding games and did a short Bible study followed by biscuits and juice (or tea for the adults). Then Chriss drove me home. It was a such a great night and I am really looking forward to getting more involved with this youth group.

No comments: