Wednesday, August 15, 2007

The beginning

Just a few more days until I leave for orientation for YAGM in Chicago.

Reminder: I'll be living in Buxton, England for the next year. I'll be working with three youth groups throughout the week and at a home for families going through some type of distress. I'll be living with a host family--the husband is a pastor and also teaches physics, the wife also works at the Good News center. There will also be four other volunteers living there. One is from Germany, one from Nepal, another YAGM volunteer and the hosts' neice from Canada.

Important Dates: August 19--I depart at 6AM to Chicago
August 27--I depart for England at 4:55PM
August 28--I arrive in London at 5:55AM
September 15--My first newsletter will be ready (hopefully!)

Now I must resume packing and other final preparations. This is pretty crazy!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Good luck on the other side.

Don't drink the tea...

Jessica said...

i love you!